…for I was hungry, and you fed me…
Surrounded by many distinct neighborhoods, Waverly is a congregation that embraces both our neighbors across the street and those around the globe. Our major projects rotate each summer on a three-year basis and include:
- a youth mission trip,
- a local mission project involving all ages, and
- an adult mission trip.
We also serve and partner with local organizations throughout the year.
2016 Youth – Mission Possible at Crestfield
Six Waverly youths joined 50 others from Pittsburgh Presbytery for the Crestfield Super Mission Possible week with a theme of Fearless Faith. They painted rooms and hallways, cooked and served a meal to local children, and worked for CityServe on housing projects for people in need of help.
Year Round – Serving our Neighbors
- Paper Bank – 60 bags of paper supplies distributed monthly at Second United Presbyterian Church in Wilkinsburg
- Crop Walk Hunger Relief – annual fundraising walk through Church World Services
- Men’s Shelter Meals – during months with a fifth Sunday at East End Cooperative Ministry in East Liberty
- Produce to People – bi-monthly distribution for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank in Braddock
- Women’s Shelter Meals – at Miryam’s House in Uptown
- Coat Drive – annual in the fall serving youth through Wilkinsburg Community Ministry and Wilkinsburg schools
- “Seats and Feets” Drive – socks and underwear for youth in the Wilkinsburg School District