…here in this place, new light is streaming…
- 11 am – September through May
- 10 am – June through August
- 10 am – September through May
- No Sunday School – June through August
- Lessons and dialog for all ages, following the lectionary readings for worship to deepen our understanding and appreciation.
During worship, we:
- Appreciate preaching that includes story-telling, humor, and relating our Biblical and denominational heritage to contemporary life.
- Enjoy community by passing the peace, sharing our joys and concerns during worship, and socializing at coffee hour after worship.
- Celebrate life events with baptisms, confirmations, ordinations, commissioning and installations of our elected leaders.
- Encourage participation of all ages by serving as liturgists, song-leaders, acolytes, musicians and speakers.
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper monthly; all are welcome to the table at Waverly.
Miss a sermon? Visit our audio archives.
In addition to following the liturgical calendar, Waverly’s creative worship team offers several special services throughout the year, including:
- Homecoming Sunday, welcoming everyone back from the summer
- World Communion Sunday, with an international flavor
- themed Advent services, with special collections for local nonprofits
- Blue Christmas, a quieter, meditative alternative during Advent
- Christmas Eve, with our annual, joyous nativity play
- Martin Luther King Jr. Sunday, celebrating his life and legacy
- Ash Wednesday, preparing our hearts and minds for Lent
- Maundy Thursday, a seder meal and service
- Good Friday, a more somber tenebrae service
- Easter and Pentecost, gala celebrations
- special music Sundays, featuring Bluegrass, Soul, U2charist and more
From traditional hymns to gospel, classical to rock, Christian contemporary to blue grass, our music embraces not only our own representative cultures, but those which influence, challenge, and shape us. Waverly music focuses on building community through fellowship and fun, and creating incredible music together.