WAVERLY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Title: Childcare Supervisor
Purpose: To provide safe, nurturing care and educational activities for children while their parents or guardians participate in Sunday School and the worship service.
Accountability: Accountable to the Pastor as head of staff and the Christian Ed committee.
- Provide hands-on, developmentally appropriate care and supervision to children from Infancy through first grade.
- Supervise Nursery Assistant and Volunteers, assigning responsibilities to them which maintain a safe, appropriate environment.
- Assure that the nursery is cleaned up and food and play materials are put away.
- Interact with parents or guardians to maintain good exchange of information including a report of the child’s experiences
- Follow and enforce safety procedures as outlined by the session of the church (wearing masks, etc.)
- Minimum of high school education
- Experience in supervision of young children
- Basic understanding of child development
- Interpersonal skills necessary to relate well to families and volunteers
- Must have appropriate clearances for working with children
Relationships: Relates to the Pastor as head of staff, Nursery Assistant, and the Christian Ed Committee
Evaluations: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor as head of staff and the Chair of the Christian Ed Committee. The Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation and make recommendations to session for changes if needed
Salary/Benefits: $17/hr for 3 hours of work (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM) weekly on Sundays (plus occasional special events and meetings). Opportunity to buy in to the PCUSA’s Board of Pensions and Medical Benefits
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, proof of COVID-19 vaccinations, Act 34 clearances, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org