WAVERLY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Title: Director of Children and Youth
Purpose: We are seeking an energetic, creative, and compassionate individual who can provide Waverly Presbyterian Church with direction and management of our children and youth ministry, nurturing Christian faith and discipleship, and developing meaningful relationships so that children and youth feel welcomed, valued, and loved.
Mission and Vision: Waverly is a community of less than perfect people seeking to live out God’s perfect will. We live out our mission statement through joyful worship, continuing spiritual education and stimulating study, and making God’s love real. We are an open and affirming church, committed to anti-racist work, and we confirm as a central part of our mission the continuous re-creation of a welcoming environment so that we may continue to reflect the beauty of all God’s kingdom.
Accountability: Accountable to the Pastor as head of staff, Personnel, and the Christian Ed committee.
- Coordinate volunteers for children and youth programs
- Oversee, recommend, and at times lead appropriate curricula for children and youth 3. Build positive, encouraging relationships with children, youth, and families 4. Work with the pastor and the Worship and Music Committee to incorporate children and youth in our worship.
- Work with Membership Committee to create child-centered, youth-centered, and intergenerational opportunities
- Work with the Mission Committee to create opportunities for all ages to engage in mission.
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to create opportunities for youth to explore the benefits and ways of giving their time, talents and treasure back to church and community.
- Regularly participate in and assist with Sunday School and Youth Group.
- Minimum of college education
- Experience in education, instruction, and faith development
- Knowledge of child and youth development
- Understanding of the theology of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to relate well to families and volunteers 6. Must have appropriate clearances for working with children
Evaluations: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor as head of staff and the Chair of the Christian Ed Committee. The Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation and make recommendations to session for changes if needed
Salary/Benefits: $10,000/yr at 10 hours per week, including Sundays. Benefits include two weeks vacation and one week continuing education. Opportunity to buy in to the PCUSA’s Board of Pensions and Medical Benefits
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, Act 34 clearances, and two references to email@example.com